Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 2 Saab 9000's now, '89 2.3i, and cs carlsson.
My old 2.3i occasionally made a thumping noise(sounded like it was coming from sunroof)with certain wind speed/direction/car speed.
My carlsson made the same noise today..obviously a design (flaw?innovation?!)
Its not 'loud' but definately noticable.....
Has anyone esle heard/noticed this?is it my cars only?
My girlfriend said it sounded like there was a few special saab elves stuck in the roof from the time of manufacture, who are hitting the roof with tiny hammers to let them out........

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If it was raining or had been raining the noise will be the wind blowing up the sunroof drain tubes. sometimes a clean out helps, I use the stretchy wire that you hold net curtains up with...very technical

Mark

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both cars have sunroof...i dont think it is this..when noise occurs, i move sunroof with hand...no difference at all.
Mpen..the drain holes sound good...where are they?!My observational powers are obviously lacking!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
You weren't in knowsley safari park at the time of the noise were you?.Only joking! but to be serious I never had any strange noise on my 9K but it could be the seal that's a bit tight round the sun roof,try to wind the roof back or up then close it and then gently press the roof skin around the sunroof and see if the sunroof moves or clicks back into the park position.or try driving with the roof open or back and see if it still makes the noise.as some sunroof seals have a metal strip inside that swells up with rust and makes the roof tight in the skin thus preventing it from parking properly but when you get slight body flex it will click or clunk back into place

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.