Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, you can all laugh, but I'm trying to fit a boost gauge in one of the DIN slots (along with 2 other gauges) and I've now spent half an hour trying to figure out where to feed the vacuum hose thru the bulkhead! Anyone?... please help.... maybe its the sun!

And another thing, Where is my ECU, I need to get its part and serial number?

Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
The ECU is found underneath the plastic panel between the windcreen and the back of the engine bay. It is parallel to the windscreen and it is really easy to remove.

As far as the other question goes I'm sorry I haven't a clue

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Further clarification- the ECU is on the passenger side.

Assuming it's your Aero that you're trying to fit a boost gauge to, the easiest thing is to tee in to the existing boost gauge line.

HTH

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Andy, I meant tee it in to the vac hose in the passenger cabin that leads to the instrument cluster boost gauge. You'll get easy access to this by taking the top of the dash off.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, but stay with me on this one!
I still need to find a point at which i can feed wires thru the bulkhead as I wish to fit a water temp gauge and an oil pressure gauge too! Or do I start drilling holes

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Andy,
You'll find a very large rubber bung in the firewall behind the glovebox. Get in the passenger footwell and remove the felt above the passengers knees and it's possible to get at this bung.

HTH
Nick.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now i am not having a fun day
where is the screw somewhere in the middle of the top of the dash that is stopping me from taking it off? and how do i get at it?

ever wish youd never started something!

Thanks!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It's a T30(I think, if not a T25), and it screws upwards from a hole in the instrument cluster recess, about 3" from the left edge and 1½" from the front.

Other screws to remove it are behind the glovebox and at either end, 2 under each speaker grille. The drivers side has a 5mm donut packing ring- be careful this doesn't take a jump down inside the guts behind the steering wheel

Once you have removed the screws, you then have to battle with releasing the steel cable that runs between the bottom of the two A pillars and is clipped to the underside of the dash in three places.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Are you talking about the one thats just infront of all the rev counter/speedo/fuel gauges etc.

You can only really see it by getting down low amongst the steering wheel and looking up?.

Hope that helps?.

Michael

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]Andy, I meant tee it in to the vac hose in the passenger cabin that leads to the instrument cluster boost gauge. You'll get easy access to this by taking the top of the dash off. [/qb][/b]
and thats what I did..........eventually!

Idles at -0.7 bar, base boost seems to be 0.5 bar with max boost 1.2 bar in 4th at 3600rpm (its fitted with a mbc), does that seem healthy?

Thanks for your help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.