Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am having a little trouble with my 9000 CS, It is on j-plate and has a 2.0 non turbo engine.

I have noticed over the last couple of days that it has become a little hesitant when you push the throttle.

Today it broke down in a B+Q car park

Basically the symptons are that it starts idles at 500-600 rpm and then stalls after about 3 seconds. If you push the throttle it dies, the onyl way you can build the revs up it by dabbing the throttle a tiny little bit at a time or start the car with your throttle to the floor. If you do foot to the floor technic the cars rpm reduces and dies again

I have also noticed that it's worst when the car has been running for a minute or 2.

Any Ideas???

Also Bill J if you are about any chance you would do me a favour and maybe pop round have a a quick look if your too busy not to worry.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is pre DI. You have lost me on the EZK bit though.

HT lead problems?? I have taken each sparky out and all are getting a spark, not a brilliant one but am.

Whats the HT prob then??

Cheers
Dan,

·
Registered
454 Posts
A plug sparking outside of the combustion chamber is only a rough guide, under the higher pressures in the combusion chamber the spark has a harder job, so a marginal spark outside will be non-existant inside. Took me 2 weeks to track a similar problem down on a BSA, ended up it was a low tension cable that had internaly cracked and was down to two strands of wire, spark was fine when tested against the cylinder head, persistant misfire when engine was running, changed everything twice until I saw a black mark on the low tension cable.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
If you think you have a breakdown of electrics, especially HT leads, distributor etc. I would suggest you try looking tonight when it's dark. You can see quite small sparks in the dark and pinpoint the place easily.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for all your help. I have fixed the stalling problem with a change of fuel filter and a clean.

But now I have erratic idling. I basically idles between 2000-3000 revs.

Anymore Ideas ?

Cheers
Dan,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts