Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got my new boost controller in, and the car is like a rocket!!
I do however have a problem with a hose on the bottom side of the throttle body. The hose itself connects to a very short peice of pipe, which then sticks up into the throttle body. It has started popping off when the boost goes above half way. Anyone else experienced this? I've been thinking about putting some kind of sealant on the peice of pipe to keep it up in there, but I thought I'd see if anyone else found a fix for it first.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello foecom,
I have had the same troubles as you have. The solution is to put a little hose clip to secure the hose on the throttle body. You can easely found some at a car accessory shop ( sorry, as I'm french, I don't know the correct expression for it ) . Don't tighten it too much, and be gentle, because ther's a risk of breaking the little copper ( or as like ) tube !
The other solution is to change all the hoses ( vacuum ones ) for silicon.And it's not so axpensive ! Samco make some wich came on various colours. On internet you will find samco distributors on the samco site The inside side of the vacuum hose needed ( silicon one ) is 4 mm diam. as the 3 mm is impossible to fit.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bill, isn't there a risk of trouble with temperature ? I'm asking you as I've thaught of that, and I will do it ...It would be less expensive for me as I'm going to change the inner cv joint etc...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hi, I had exactly this problem on my 91 2.3t. While epoxy would probably work fine, I used one of the "JB Weld" type products (e.g. this one ) that you can get from motor stores and hardware stores. I can't remember which one I chose in the end, but I don't think it is a very demanding application so probably not critical.

It's been fine ever since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.