Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took the aero to work.... and only just got back.

On the way to work I thought..

Steerings a bit wandery on the corners, but I have fitted the rear poly antiroll bar bushes.

Coming home in a spirited fashion, the brakes were feeling a little loose, and the car would pull (very unusual)

I had no fuel, so I stopped for petrol and a tyre pressure check (felt I thought like I'd a tyre down in the 10-15psi range) they were all 36-37psi. Very strange.

A few miles on, I started to get ominous grinding noises from the NSF when turning just the tiniest bit left. All other steering positions were dead quiet.

Got the last 5 miles home, jacked the NSF, and the wheel tipped out of the wheel arch.......

Movement in all directions (up down, left right) of about 1.5 - 2.0 inches. Interesting viewing when the brake disk moves with it.

I've just crawled the car (50mph) to Castle Acre
and abandoned it at my Saab Garage with a note on the screen "possible suspect NSF wheel bearing, please investigate"

Andrew,

Car off road
2 dead phones
1 dead modem
1 dead CD player
1 recent lightning strike.

Fun times.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leon.

Forgot to add that the Carlsson has developed a 4ft windscreen crack in 30 minutes. Exactly half way up, and from the very edge of the screen on the passenger side to just by the drivers right eye and then down to the very bottom.

And the Aero has ripped out it top engine mount (engine end). I'm waiting for John/Julian to go to the Saab Convension in July.

Your right, and Billy's wrong, no ticket for me this week.

Oh and it wasn't a cheap CD player either, one of Mr Arcam's posh ring dac models

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's it all fixed.

The garage found the car by about 10, set to work on it at lunchtime (and had to play hunt the locking wheel bolt), and had finished it by 3pm.

£73+vat labour,
£75+vat wheelhub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.