Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so following slow but consistent top hose warming from cold (checked with the laser gadget) i took out the stat and lo it was jammed open. popped a new one in, reset the acc and everythings lovely.. cept that now on the motorway once warmed up the gauge consantly wanders 9pm to 10pm (not into red, and fan cuts in/out properly when in traffic) tempsensor contacts are clean (engines only been back in for a week)..any bright ideas?
ooh and one other thing - how do you disconnect the sensor allows the car to know if youre watching the road or not? everytime i change the stereo on the motorway the car puts its foot down

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
..it was a pattern part from gsf (the only one available at 1hours notice via trade delivery).
not sure which 'bottom plate' you mean- its identical to the old jammed one and the same rated at 89C. has a complete ring/plate around the bottom against the engine block.
gsf reckoned the stat is the same for all 9k's '85 onwards, was just happy it matched when it arrived.
i wanted to change it so as not to do a long motorway trip with a cold engine and had forgotten til couple of hours before i was leaving!
its working fine, though im not sure that the stat could cause such sudden swing on the gauge? its a not of energy to suddenly add/remove from the sensor area... any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.