Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thaught I would show you some pics of what I do for a living ( installing boilers )
I get a bit ANAL about straight and clipped pipe work ( everthing linear gawd I think I need to see a shrink :crazy:)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou very much MR Christmas for your comment , yes it is a proper job , but we all know what some peeps are like " chuck it in and close the door "! Job done !

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
nice to see pride in some ones work...........if something worth doing then do it right, presentation is everything :thumbsup:

I hate seeing a rats nest in electrical needs to be prim and proper lol

you self employed ?

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
I see you use fernox tf1 any reason you don't use the addy version

what wireless programmers do you fit ?

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank all so much for your comments .
Kez ,yes I'm self employed been that way on and off for half of my working life 34 years in the trade about 17 self employed )
Yes we use the fernox tf1 system filter ( due to the fAct that the company who I work on behalf of have a huge tie- in with fernox products through plumbcenter )
Thease system filters are ATCHUALLY part of the best practice procedure part L buildings regulations .
And are part of the benchmark book for comissioning .
I've always perfured the spirovent system filter . But the adey magnaclean is the best due to the size of the magnet within it .
Wireless contro,s have made siting and installing a lot better due to the fact that you don't have to lift loads of floorboards to run cables .
We prefer the honeywell cm range of controls ( simp,e to fit and comission and most people of all ages understand how to use them , thou now and again we come across someone who is partially sighted and cannot see the display for love or money .)
We have moving slow key onto the "hive " all singing all dancing but I cannot get use to all this modern technology .
And just drop he a line on here MR turd if you are ever down my way and need a heating engineer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is why I don't muck about with my car or pretend to know how to muck about with my car. I do something quite different for a living. I like to think I'm reasonably competent at what I do. On the same reasoning, I'm happy to pay others to do the things that I can't. But I do expect Lizzard's standard of work. Sadly, there're plenty of people out there who think "that'll do" is alright, and often it isn't.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Only just seen your post Paul...
Very neat and as someone said earlier.."Its a shame you're not nearer to me"

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much Simon , for the kind comments .
Here's another , I did in ilford (110 miles each way over 5 days ) last summer ,on the hottest week of the year in a " half way " house ( 2 massive houses converted into 1 ) in total there was 21 studio rooms , all with there own shower and sink , over 3 floors
23 hot draw off points ( or taps ) 30 radiators , so I went in there , designed the replacement system .
It included
2-300 litre evocyl unvented cylinders each with secondary return
1-vailiant 65 kW conventional commercial boiler .
3- "s" plans ,1 for each cylinder so each cylinder could be heated independently of the other and one for the radiators including there own ABV ,
18 litre expansion vessel with robo kit
All Incased in its own boiler room with double locked doors ( to stop the residents from tampering and unbelievable case of stealing the copper and boiler !
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
P
aul..
Do your customers appreciate just how neat your work is?
Do they comment?

Sometimes I do the most amazing repairs to damaged Violins/Cellos and they just look and say "Yeah mate that's fine".. I sometimes wonder why I bother!!
At the other end of the scale, we had a woman in once who fell downstairs onto her lovely French Cello (worth around £8,000). It literally came into the shop in 3 shopping bags.. She was crying as she brought it in to us.
I started my job at the end of 1977 so I have pretty much seen everything repair wise..
Anyway after 3 or 4 weeks her Cello was repaired and she cried again when she picked it up.. I must admit that was such a nice feeling for me as she REALLY appreciated it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes i know this is months old but only read it

Paul, you really are a credit to plumbers/heating engineers thats bloody great work :thumbsup:

Speed, you too are obviously very good at your job/trade

It's one thing being able just to do a job but another taking pride in it which so very few do now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts