Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My temp guage sits just above the 'L' mark all the time (unless stationery), so I reckon the thermostat has gone. Is that the thermostat housing on the right-rear of the cylinder head, looking from the front of the car? If it is, do I need to remove all that plumbing to get to it? It looks very fiddly otherwise. The Haynes manual is less than helpful, as per usual.

Cheers,
Alan

·
Registered
552 Posts
It MIGHT not be the thermostat - have a look under "thermostat" in the 9000 search facility. The temperature gauge is inaccurate at best.

Having said that, on a 16 year old car, a new thermostat wouldn't come amiss. It's a bit fiddly to get at but not impossible. Shift the battery and the big pipe from the turbo to the throttle body and disconnect the thermostat pipework (after draining the rad!) and soak the bolts in releasing oil overnight.

It's probably best to use a Saab 'stat rather than a pattern one - that way you can be sure of getting the correct three-stage 'stat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.