Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thermal fuse

I have checked past threads on this subject but still cannot decide if the fuse is part of the resistor pack or not,if not where is it?
I have replaced the pack on my daughters car but after only a few weeks we are back to one speed,flat out.
Help please
Mike

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: Thermal fuse

Hi I assume you are talking about the heater fan only operating at speed 4 ??

If you are then remove the resistor pack from the fan unit behind the false bulkhead. The little thermal resistor at the end of the unit that you can see is the one to replace. If you do a search you'll find the rating and the maplin part number. I soldered mine in, carefully tho!! using a little plumbers flux on the ends so that it soldered easily. I bought two from Maplin at the time mainly because they are so cheap and .....well you never know when you might need one

HTH C

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

If the fuse on the pack has blown again that quickly then it might be that there is something fouling the blower motor (or its just stiff) and its pulling too much current thus over heating the pack.

Steve

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

StephenA,we are both thinking the same,I am looking for another fan to overhaul and then replace the presant one,I do not want to have to buy another pack.I think someone said the motor brushes are replaceable,so I may try that.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.