Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Saab about this thermostat thing,cause' someone said dont buy 'pattern' eg Euro' or something,Saab said say its ok to fit this,I said on the web site they said it had to be 'gen' because it needed a bleed nipple but the guy in Saab said he'd fitted countles pattern one's to saabs over the years and hadn't had any complaints about them.He also said there was about a three month wait for them!!(gen ones that is).

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Stewart, you should read these mails more carefully. The thermostat doesn't have a "Bleed Nipple", it has a "Bleed Hole" and it does make a difference. I'd be surprised if there is a 3 month wait for a genuine one, I bought one from Westcars in Perth last winter and they had one off the shelf, cost about £7 or so.
The thermostat from Europarts may indeed have the bleed hole but often pattern ones come without the rubber gasket which it fits in and the old one is invariably too hard and brittle to reuse. Given that these things are very cheap I prefer to use the real thing for the reasons above.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah,I thought it was 'bleed nipple' my mistake,but like I said thats what the guy in Saab said in Glasgow,that there was a 'back order' for them,and he reckoned on about 3 months,I mean I can only go by whatever someone tells me.I would also just get 'gen' but if I cant,well what do you do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
thermostats for 9000 are on back order and have been for ages, if you want to fit genuine you can use one for classic 900 different part no but are fine, pattern thermostats should be ok if you buy a branded name like quinten hazell or intermotor etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts