Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by KevBu:
How much more £ over regular is it? [/QB][/b]
If you look at the nozel...£79 ha ha...that is what it will be when this government imposes it's next fuel tax rise and that will be per ltr.

·
Registered
276 Posts
So that's why the 97 ron SUL is only 83.9p per litre at Sainsbury's in Leamington, they are having to compete with Tesco's in Warwick!

Don't you just love healthy competition.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cross posting from seloc.org:

'apparently its only a trial down south at the moment at seleted garages. cost me 87.9 versus standard 83.9 which isnt bad '

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Look, I don't want to put a dampener on this, but supermarket petrol is renowned for being faeces ( for want of a better word), so why should Tesco's be any different, anyway who refines it and why are they not selling it themselves? or is it cheap gas from Iraq? or are they using 93 oct and just adding STP? or are the Russians and Chinese trying to invade us with cheap petrol so they can invade us knowing that we won't be able to move as all are cars have stopped running?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Joe's Garage:
[qb]Look, I don't want to put a dampener on this, but supermarket petrol is renowned for being faeces ( for want of a better word), so why should Tesco's be any different, anyway who refines it and why are they not selling it themselves? or is it cheap gas from Iraq? or are they using 93 oct and just adding STP? or are the Russians and Chinese trying to invade us with cheap petrol so they can invade us knowing that we won't be able to move as all are cars have stopped running?              :thumbsup:  [/qb][/b]
Erh, known by exactly who to be faeces? There might have been an additive issue a while ago, but not now surely? I use Optimax wherever possible, but this petrol is much better value than the price I pay it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I use Optimax wherever possible,
Think of the 'E' numbers they put into it
You mean you think the petrol price is LOW for what you get, E.G. cost per mile? What it cost to get out of the earth, how much it cost to refin, How much you can sell it for, How much the TAX man, BROWN puts on top, what it cost you per mile.
Bring back ****, loads of LEAD = POWER = ????

·
Registered
737 Posts
Joe -

In mine and many others opinion, Sainsbury's 97Ron runs a treat compared to Esso and BP 97, so I'm not sure you can call supermarket fuel c**p, Joe.

And I can get 'nectar' points!! What do Tesco do in the way of rewards, so I can convince the wife that putting in 99 is a shrewd investment

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
[qb]... supermarket petrol is renowned for being faeces ( for want of a better word), so why should Tesco's be any different, [/qb][/b]
Err, because it's rated at 99 octane?! That's got to count for something hasn't it? Also it'll be tested to a British Standard, again not the be all and end all, but...
Nick.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Jezmond TuTu, (nice name) Sorry, just walked out of a BEAR Fest, NO, I was on my bike, as Tibbit once said..

I use Optimax wherever possible,
Think of the 'E' numbers they put into it
but this petrol is much better value than the price I pay it.
You mean you think the petrol price is LOW for what you get, E.G. cost per mile? What it cost to get out of the earth, how much it cost to refin, How much you can sell it for, How much the TAX man, BROWN puts on top, what it cost you per mile……
Bring back ****, loads of LEAD = POWER = ????

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
[qb]Bring back ****, loads of  LEAD = POWER = ????    
                 :thumbsup:  [/qb][/b]
Stick that in your Saab and you'll knacker the catalytic converter

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
A reminder- we're here to discuss motoring issues, not politics. If you want to discuss politics, there's plenty of other boards for that

1 - 20 of 41 Posts