Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, decision made, 9000 it will be.....the only problem now is tracking down the right one

Anyone aware of any '97 2.3CSE FPT Auto (pref Anniversary), budget upto £6500, hidden away in local dealer, would you please let me know. I'm fairly up to speed with whats available in the westcountry but am not adverse to travelling for the right car (think of the first drive home
)

Would especially like to know of any within main Saab dealer network, as some bright spark at Saab has decided to limit their used car database to 9-3 & 9-5's - don't they know that fashion fades but style is forever??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Gonzo

Excellent decision I think. Have a C900 myself but I also love the 9K. There's a rather nice silver one advertised on Autotrader, details as follows:

98® SAAB 9000 CSE ANNIVERSARY 2.3 TURBO,
Silver, 80000 miles, Anti-lock Brakes, Air Bag, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, Central Locking, Climate Control, Computer, Drivers Armrest, Electric Windows, Heated Seats, Radio/cassette, Rear Wash Wipe, Service History, Engine Immobiliser, Front Fog Lamps£5695.

Valley Saab

Might be worth checking out?

Happy hunting

Will

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Will, one for the possible list.....

Auto a must i'm afraid....I'm getting old

Seriously, the kind of driving i do and the fact that it's 15-20k a year means I definately want an auto !

And compared to the company diesel slugs i'm used to driving,
isn't going to be a problem

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by Will75:
[qb]...ok, it's not an auto, but are you really really (REALLY) sure that's what you want?

spoils the  
  factor a bit I would've thought! [/qb][/b]
Not really. The Saab 9000 is an excellent 'point and squirt' car (I do 25-30K a year, mostly motorway commuting - the auto's ideal there, and pretty good when on other roads too).

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is a lovely silver 2.3 Anniversary manual at Saab Centre in Newton Aycliffe. I tried it before I bought my Aero there. It is a 1997 and in lovely condition. It might be a bit far North for you though...(Saab Centre 01325-300377 ask for Gordon).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAVE A SILVER 97® 2.3 TURBO GRIFFIN AUTO. ONE PREVIOUS OWNER(JEWISH TELEGRAPH NEWSPAPER IN MANCHESTER).LEATHER,WOOD CAPPINGS, ELECTRIC MEMORY SEATS, ELECTRIC HEATED MIRRORS,SUNROOF, WINDOWS,COMPUTER ETC.I HAVE OWNED IT FOR THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF WITH NO PROBLEMS.I BOUGHT IT WITH 45600 MILES ON IT FROM A PRESTIGE CAR FIRM AND IT IS NOW ON 56000.IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First things first - what a great forum !!. Post a question and within 48hrs the potential cars are piling up!!. Thanks guys

Have been offered the following this morning : 98 R reg 2.3CSE Full Turbo Anniversary Auto - Scarabe Green/Beige Leather - 75K - FSSH - £5500.

Will be checking it out later in week and will keep you posted

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.