Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
and btw is that it out a v6 2.8 haha ??? 1L more than mine and 2 more cylinders n its produces 20 more hp n 40 less torue ?? ill stick with my diesel torques more useable day to day plus 50mpg
on a serious note is'nt the ttid on par gear to gear esp midrange to the v6 ??

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
im guessing your meaning standard form there kez and what do you know i think your right... at least these petrol boys can removed their SAI system on this santa pod day they wanna attend might save them some weight and increase reliability haha

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
well im going to santa pod and win:D my therory is if i keep an avg speed of 110 i will go round the track more times than any one else ;)

we dont want any decats from you petrol heads;) ohhh **** should i say that........... they never cause issues do they!!!

standard v standard ttid v b207/r..............maybe a fraction under 1 sec quicker 0-60 but my extra torque ad acceleration through the gears as we go round the bends will make up for that well i hope so anyway and as im the STIG can't see an issue anyway:D lmao

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
oh **** yeh......................never thought lol

zohan m8 maybe we can pick another venue lol;)

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
My 207 2.0l wil be in a average state of tune making 254bhp (not 264 - hit the wrong key) on std engine internals, easy to tune this engine from 210 to 254.

std form - 1 second difference from 0-60 is the difference between winning by 2-3 car lenghts or not - lol, 'just' 1 second slower

Ok, so if you are not up to a straight line drag due to your car being slower then I love corners, as does my car, sits on Hirsch springs (none of which have snapped!) ;) and dampers and nicely scrubbed in, good quality rubber. all i need to do is keep my car on boost to be quicker in and out of any corners, given i have a good suspension set up ,properly aligned and big brakes - not a problem.

If you need to start stripping stuff out of you car then perhaps you car isn't right for you or you need a faster car ;) i'll let you have a go in mine so you can see how one feels :)

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hmmm, i am surprised more racing teams do not use diesel cars for motorsport, i wonder why that is...
Hmmmm I wonder why ....................................

....................................................................is it because they couldnot with stand the G force of all that torque lmao:D

good job i put in humour section mate init lol;)

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Hmmmm I wonder why ....................................

....................................................................is it because they couldnot with stand the G force of all that torque lmao:D

good job i put in humour section mate init lol;)

bit of banter is just what this forum needs! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think the only way to settle this is to put diesel in the B207 and petrol in the TTID and see who gets the furthest and who's costs most to fix....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think Kevgib is saying right you guys should do such as he is saying because i think it is the only way to prove who is best.

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think the only way to settle this is to put diesel in the B207 and petrol in the TTID and see who gets the furthest and who's costs most to fix....
Albion..................we did just this as kev suggested :D

I put petrol in my TTID and the zohan put diesel in his B207:crazy:.............................the zohan did win as his car went slightly further on diesel than mine did on petrol...............although none of us made it to the finish line !!:D:D

so race still on lol.............

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Geez guys - I wish I still had my 1996 P reg GM 900 n/a auto with 'superlegerra' wheel trims. I'd have smoked the lotta ya lol :) :) Al

21 - 33 of 33 Posts