Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this popped through my door this morning and as I'm off work at the mo (moving to Stirling area next week so packing like mad) stopped and had a flick through.

First off, congrats to Mark E for a great article on the track day, wish I'd gone now too, but all spare cash spent on moving. Probably saved me from 300 hp's worth of Bill J sitting an inch off my bumper - my modest 210bhp modified 9k 2.0 lpt can't live with that !

Second, the Chairmans column at the start refers to the Ruby do at Newark. He says:

"....I was particularly delighted to see Bill Jones and his team with their performance cars. We haven't had this for some years and it created a lot of interest and excitement. Thanks, Bill."

Well done again there. Another thing missed due to moving and lack of cash...

Thirdly, everyone seems to be going mod crazy ! There's a lot of references to performance mods in this issue (but mostly abbott it has to be said). Now I know this'll upset some maptun/speedparts/trentsaab etc people, and might kick off the "who gives you the most bangs per buck" debate again - but it is a start at least. Those reporting on their abbott mods seem very happy (as I am with mine) but the important thing is that it spreads the message that it's worth getting a fit old model and doing it up a bit, and all modders aren't spotty 18 year olds or completely insane petrolheads (though reviewing the threads under "performance I might stand corredcted here... )

I'll try to redress the balance by submittimg something for the 9000 register pages in the next issue referring back to this esteemed site but also punting people in the direction of other modifiers such as the above.

Might get some new posters to this scene (who woofage can tap for a tenner or so hopefully !).

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hi Mark

A fellow Bristolian wishes you well in Scotland. Went there for our honeymoon back in March '78. Stunning country, though we seen very little of it..... due to low cloud

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
yes, as a person who comes from the Stirlingshire area.. I can say that low cloud does hit often... but then that what pubs were invented for

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mark,

Once you're in and settled we'll have to arrange a meet so you can meet your new Saab neighbours. We'll even paint ourselves blue to maintain the stereotype

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the very kind comments. A meet would be a good idea once I've settled in - in the meantime look out for a scarabe green CSE with an abbott sticker on the back (and a saabscene.com one when the postie eventually delivers it...).

Have to retune my lugs as although from Edinburgh originally (via Fife) this is me going home after 20 years in the Westcountry. So occasionally things get lost a bit in translation (eg when in certain bits of Glasgow). But I'll be back from time to time to Bristol & Bath as still have a lot of friends here and the Westcountry is full of really friendly people (and some mad ciderheads too, but that's another story ).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts