Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jase it's in a different place to the TID - it's lower down behind the manifold. I had limp home a month ago and it was EGR valve clearance problem. It seems a PITA job to get to and not as simple as the TID, it looks as if the coolant hoses are very close to the EGR on the TTID as well.
Just as i thought - well it needs doing (i think) as the car has done 80,000 miles - I'm not going to mess about with it. One of my mates is a mechanic at Vauxhall, he says he should be able to sort it for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cleaned the egr valve on my 2003 2.2 93 about two weeks ago and it worked fine for about 200 km then I got the check engine light but this time it stayed in limp mode when I restarted the car. (before it kept just the light on) So I changed it with a new one from partsforsaab and it worked fine but today (about 400km later) it felt like a misfire or a clogged fuel line and I got the limp mode/check engine light again. I'm pretty sure this time it's not the egr so I ordered a code reader. I was hoping it's some dirt that got dislodged when I switched the egr or because I put some fuel additive on my last refill. Any guesses as to what it might be this time?

·
Registered
1 Posts
just got a new egrvalve for my vector 2.2 for £175 plus 1/2 hr labour to fit it so about right. warranties never cover things like this - you always get 'fair wear and tear ' quoted at you. i got this when the turbo went on my 95, but i just kept on and on bugging them and eventually they gave me a £300 'goodwill' gesture. never give in!

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
EGR's & Turbo's etc etc don't just give up for no reason ...... Ya needs a "Engineer" as against a grease-monkey to properly understand whats going wrong & can clearly annotate if theres somthing the vehicle operator can do ......

61 - 64 of 64 Posts