Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brothers 2.3FPT decided to over heat the other day coming through Cheltenham (lots of race traffic and yet another lorry falling over on the motorway). He pulled the relay and shorted out connections so the fan ran all the time and got it home.

A quick search on here produced the solution - the blue wire in the connection block had completly coroded away in the connection block.

So its now been bypassed with a new cable and its all fine.

So the question is - why the blue wire? why not the other one?

Steve

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Which connector block are you referring to?

Also, if you have the two speed fan, you might wish to check the high speed fuse. This is because with the slow speed not working, if it tries to start on high speed, it blows the fuse.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a single speed fan and its the connector block where the fixed wires from the temp sensor on the radiator go into the bit of wiring loom that runs across underneath the radiator.

Steve

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi this weekend I changed the Radiator in my Carlsson and low and behold the "Blue Wire" connection in the multiplug was just Green crumbly oxidation so my fan couldn't possibly have been working
i'm just glad I don't get stuck in traffic. so tonight i'll be applying the "Blue Wire" Bypass operation. Seems to be a very common problem, sorry I don't know why it's just the "Blue Wire" ???

Cheers C

-----------------------------------------------------
I'm not a complete Idiot some parts are still missing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.