Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today it is completed!

Hardest part was lining up all the splines for thje clutch and the transfer shaft.

Filled with 2.5 litres of castrol GTX (10/40) and 1 tube of gerabox friction reducer.

Just a steady plod to get all the bits back together and remembering to torque all the bits especially the gearbox and suspension mounts.

I've only driven it 2 miles and tried all gears, but it seems to have done the trick.

I've just realigned the gear linkage (using the reverse lock hole), and I need to bleed the clutch once more, but I'll leave that a day of two to settle first.

Andrew, older, wiser, and with 5 forward and 1 reverse gear.

pics below

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Notice the last 2 photo's demo that the car has gone backwards!

The radiator cap with a bicycle tyre valve is my was of pressure bleeding the brakes and clutch. What a cheap hey, I'm not paying gunson's prices.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Folks,

A quick update, I've just done a 20 mile test drive, and the box feels like new!

A loverly snick going from gear to gear, no notchyness like before (possibly the 4oz of iron filings that were going around).

Best of all, it still eats other cars for breckfast (sorry about that Mr Astra SRI, but grow up and stop pretending).

Andrew.
Now to get an MOT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.