Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cs carlsson is going like the clappers (as me mum would say!)
At long last I now see what the fuss is about -
Replaced a couple of vacuum hoses, regapped plugs, uncoupled all multiplugs(cleaned them all), uncoupled battery overnight(to charge),put optimax in.
It now flies! Boost goes well, and I mean well into red, cuts back a little then stays there.
I think it was uncoupling the battert that did it - does the carly have an ecu that memorizes fuel/driving style?
Fingers crossed it'll be ok tomorrow - afraid to go to bed now in case it breaks overnight!!! uncoupling battery every day is gonna be a nightmare!!!!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I think you've been experiencing the 'adaptation' of the engine management system as it relearns the maximum limits of its' boost. After a little while it may well reduce its' max boost to nearer its' old level. However as you are using Optimax you may well benefit from higher boost for the long term.
Nick

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Oh, don't get me wrong, the boost will drop somewhat, but the result shouldn't be chalk and cheese. The gauge should still reach the top of the yellow and go into the red a little,but during adaptation it goes further than at other times in my experience.
Nick.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its manic - boost now goes well 1/2 way into red, then drops to start of red. It still tapers, but not 1/2 as bad - and it now feels so much quicker - scarily so!
Still doesn't feel as quick as scooby - should it? Maybe its 'cos its so civilised(well sort of!) - You look at speedo and you are doing 30/40mph faster than you thought!
Do you think the officers of the law will accept that?!!!!!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Never been in a Scoob so don't know how quick they are - I do know that my Carly is at least a match for a Sapphire Cosworth in mid range. My brother thinks it feels the same as a Scoob mid range.

It is fun anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.