Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 9000CD (LPT) has an ECU which is numbered 280-000-940. I want to replace this ECU with a compatible one from an FPT model. I can't find out which version of the Jetronic software my existing ECU is operating on and so I don't know which of the plethora of ECUs available will actually work in my car and upgrade it from 150bhp to 175bhp. The intercooler's on the way, the car is already fitted with that valve/regulator thingummy with the three hoses which lives on top of the radiator. So, which of the ECUs available do I get hold of?
Please can someone help with this conundrum?
Many thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Stephen, is that the Saab part number or the Bosch one? Either way, as far as I can tell, the LH ECU was the same for all 2.0 turbos in 1993.

However, it is the DI/APC ECU you need to change to increase boost pressure, and hence power.

As far as I can make out, your current DI/APC unit should be 43 00 109. The 2.0T version had 43 00 125 (185hp). There are other part numbers you might come across in 1990-1992 cars that output up to 195hp but I don't know whether they are a straight swap.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill,
Thanks for your input on this. I remain confused, however, as the Haynes manual states that up to 1989 there was a seperate ECU to manage the turbo function. After that the DI ECU controlled everything. Is the ECU under the false bulkhead cover on the passenger's side the DI ECU? I don't know where else to look for another control unit!
Now I don't know what to change!!
Regards,
Steve Brown

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
DI/APC only controls boost and ignition. It still had a separate LH injection ECU. It was only with Trionic, which appeared in the 1993 Aero, that fuel injection was incorporated too.

I don't know where you would look for the DI/APC ECU but I'm sure someone will. I know on some years there was an ECU under one of the front seats.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi, I looked at a similar car (K reg 2.0LPT) a few days ago that had the 940 ECU, and both that and the DI/APC control unit were mounted underneath the bulkhead cover in the engine bay. The FI ECU was in the middle, and the DI/APC one was towards the passenger side of the car.

HTH James

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HaHa!!
Found the little ******, right in front of the Jetronic ECU, hiding in full view!
Bill, the number IS 43 00 109 on a little silver sticker on the side.
NOW I know what I'm looking for to help my B202 engine realise its full potential.
Many, many thanks for the guidance. I'll report back when a new DI ECU is installed.
Regards,
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.