Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Well the new engine is due to arrive at the garage on Friday (it's out of a 97 Griffen with 67000 on the clock and comes with history.) All for £884.00 inc VAT and Delivery.

Hopefully we should be back on the road in a couple of weeks.

Ian

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Ian - good luck with this

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it and perhaps seeing the car one day

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TheFox:
[qb]Bagsy the first Saabscener test drive    :thumbsup:    

How about a v6 duel on the a331?.. last one home buys the Optimax      [/qb][/b]
You're on!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Abbott 900:
[qb]The 331 eh?

I'm in farnham, so just around the corner from me too...

Looks like a nice little project you have going there... [/qb][/b]
Hi

I'm actually in Wrecclesham - near the Bear & Ragged. When it's finished the three of us should get together for a couple of beers.

Current status is that they are going to start work installing the new engine on Tuesday so, if all goes well it should be back on the road sometime during the last week of the month
(I might just hold off until 1st March to save wasting a months road tax as the last one ran out at the end of Jan.) I've also bought those nice ALU21 wheels from Woofage (must get up to collect them from him) which will smarten it up a bit.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Ian Wigg:
[qb]I've also bought those nice ALU21 wheels from Woofage (must get up to collect them from him) which will smarten it up a bit.    [/qb][/b]
bu99er, I said to Woofage I would pick them up next weekend if he had not sold them by then.

·
Registered
33 Posts
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Abbott 900:
[qb] The 331 eh?

I'm in farnham, so just around the corner from me too...

Looks like a nice little project you have going there... [/qb][/b]
Hi

I'm actually in Wrecclesham - near the Bear & Ragged. When it's finished the three of us should get together for a couple of beers.

Current status is that they are going to start work installing the new engine on Tuesday so, if all goes well it should be back on the road sometime during the last week of the month
(I might just hold off until 1st March to save wasting a months road tax as the last one ran out at the end of Jan.) I've also bought those nice ALU21 wheels from Woofage (must get up to collect them from him) which will smarten it up a bit. [/qb][/b][/quote]Yep, I know the place... I'd be up for meeting for a beer at some point. I'm in the process of selling my 250bhp Abbott convertible, and I've already bought a mint T16s to replace it. (Buying a house so needs must)

Chris

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by James:
[qb]Any news yet, Ian?  I'm all excited for you ...    [/qb][/b]
Hi James

Current status is that they are going to start work installing the new engine on Tuesday so, if all goes well it should be back on the road sometime during the last week of the month (I might just hold off until 1st March to save wasting a months road tax as the last one ran out at the end of Jan.

·
Registered
33 Posts
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by James:
[qb] Any news yet, Ian?  I'm all excited for you ...       [/qb][/b]
Hi James

Current status is that they are going to start work installing the new engine on Tuesday so, if all goes well it should be back on the road sometime during the last week of the month (I might just hold off until 1st March to save wasting a months road tax as the last one ran out at the end of Jan. [/qb][/b][/quote]Who are you using round here to do the engine swap? Is it a Saab garage or just a good garage you have had luck with in the past?

It would be good to know some one competent round here...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's Neil @ Station Garage in Liphook (On the Beaver Trading Estate). hey're just an ordinary small garage but they know what they're doing, are cheap and are very helpful.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Originally posted by TheFox:
[qb]How about a v6 duel on the a331?.. last one home buys the Optimax      [/qb][/b]
watch out for the green volvo S60 on the 331....it has hidden lights in the grille and on the back shelf...if you get my drift

1 - 20 of 22 Posts