Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all of you who are using Ferodo brake Pads.

Recently I posted I was going to fit some tarox pads all around on my car. I first wanted to get Ferodo Ds2000 pads on my car. But i was told they wheren't availeble for a 9000 CS. Yesterday when I went to collect the pads from my suplier my surprise was to see Ferodo DS2000 pads for me. My suplier told me these where availble since about two weeks just before he ordered me my tarox. Which seem to have delivery problems overhere at the moment. So he did me a fever and ordered me the Ferodos. When I asked him how come they had them now. He answered Due to the big demand on Ferodo Sport pads in England Ferodo decided to fabricate them as well. SO no I'm running Ferodo's at the back. The front are awaiting for the discs to arive.
So everyone one this board who uses them, THANK YOU.

By the way first impressions: mm I've never driven a car that has better brakes on the rear than on the front.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Where did you get the Ferodo pads in the Netherlands?

Originally posted by Injectie:
[qb]By the way first impressions: mm I've never driven a car that has better brakes on the rear than on the front. [/qb][/b]
Be carefull!! This could be dangerous
, the braking balance on your car is really messed up now.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy Maarten the Pads on the back feel great now. they erent doing better as the front ones right now still most of the force is coming from the fronts.

I ordered the Pads At Car line In Apeldoorn. Don't know his phone or anything and don't think it is in the phonebook it started about a month ago. There was a shop here in Apledoorn Previously with the same name. But they quitted back in March He bought the name from them. I will let you know his phone number on monday. I'll go back to him for sure.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the front pads already. They only say ferodo on them but with a signed paper that they are Ferodo DS2000 will try and get the part number of them. As i don't have them.

If I have understand corectly DS2500 are in the pipeline. Not so sure about Ds3000 though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ah, Ferodos. I just managed to get some from biesheuvel motorsports. DS2500! Maarten adviced me those. Seem to be good.

When I get the zimmerman discs, my car will be ring - ready, brake wise that is...

·
Registered
963 Posts
I used to use ferodo's on my Allegro (ok, tottaly different car!), but I don't know what compund. I switched to Mintex, and all the fading etc. went away.

·
Registered
963 Posts
eek don't remember posting that! Was a tad merry

Neither pads were performance type, but I was shocked at how much difference there was with the two brands.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You'd definitely know if you'd bought any of the fast road or racing compounds such as DS2000/DS2500/DS3000 (and so would your wallet).  [/b]
Especially when you buy them 2 full sets at a time...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts