Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bill

It is 1990 560 SEC,105k miles very good cond, Bornite with cream nappa leather (http://www.7comms.co.uk/steve/560sec.jpg). It will be very thirsty, but I have wanted one for some time, & the opportunity came up. Unfortunately I don't have the space for more than 1 car, yet.

I will probably keep for 2 years & then change, but unfortunately don't really like the 95 interior, so a 93 coupe or convertible would be OK. Have to say that Merc spares prices seem much cheaper than Saab so far. Richard Elliot in Hadfield looked after servicing, so I now need to find a Merc equivalent in South Manchester.

Was that you in the Goodwood mpeg - looked a lot of fun!

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I'd be interested to know of any cheap sources for Merc parts. A friend has a '95 E280 (very nice car it is too).

Which Goodwood MPEG was that? If it was the in-car video from a 9000, seen passing a Ferrari 348 and Porsche 911, then yes, it was me.

And it was a load of fun

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Steveb
If you need a MB garage in south manc - give me a shout. I know a few. At that mileage, watch out for the fuel pump (s). If , upon turning the key to position 2, you hear what sounds like a bee's nest from the boot....it's new fuel pump time. Fuel metering heads go bad too as do OVPs. Apologise if you know this already...just trying to advise
Absolutely gorgeous the SEC
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fear that we are a bit 'off-forum' but would be interested in the MB info, Al.

MB parts so far have been pleasingly cheap from...MB dealer! At risk of flame, I have found much better service than Saab dealers. Also the usual suspects - Europarts, German & Swedish (not the video company!). I am also building used parts contacts.

If anyone sends me their email, I can circulate any links/suppliers that I find. My details are: [email protected] Note anti-spambot. Please no anatomy-enhancement offers.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.