Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having experienced a problem or two with my suspension setup, I can now report that I have a car that goes round corners properly! For some reason, my 9000 Aero was riding higher than normal on both PI and Abbott sports springs.

Well, a trip to see Ed on Friday resulted in him fitting some shorter, stiffer springs (by 50lb) to the front of the car. The result - a near total transformation in handling & strangly, a better ride. Steering is also lighter (??) and more precise than before.

I am a happy bunny - goes to show that Abbott, though sometimes costly, really do know their stuff.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I now note that the front is a fair bit stiffer than the rear, though I am happy with the handling. I wonder if I should get the rear Koni's wound up just a tad to compensate for the stiffer front?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Abbott fitted their springs and wishbone bushes a month or two ago. Some idiot from Brighton (not Mann and Woodland) who will remain nameless fitted the other bits.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
goes to show that Abbott, though sometimes costly, really do know their stuff.[/b]
Yep but if they really new there stuff should they not have spotted the wrong ride height and corrected it when they originally did the job??
Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Erm, they settle after a few days. Not a common problem re ride height, so I believe. Can't find anyone else that has had the same problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Erm, they settle after a few days. Not a common problem re ride height, so I believe. Can't find anyone else that has had the same problem.  [/b]
Well, I was told the same after they "lowered" my 90. The ride height was increased by 1.5cm instead of the promised decrease off 3.5cm. That's a difference off 5cm
The 90 looked like submarine emerging form the sea. What caused this I don't know. What i do know is that it took me two weeks before the autoparts store agreed in taking them back

The second set I tryed (Intrax) worked much better. The 90 has the preffered ride height and handling/comfort combination.

Onno

·
Registered
312 Posts
Speaking of the wrong springs...is anyone familiar with the Kiren springs made in Sweden?
They are being offered here for the first time through ScanWest and I have a set on order. The last set they ordered took over a month so I have time to cancel if anyone has heard the wrong things about them. Won't be as easy for me to return if there is a problem.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts