Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone could help me locate my temperature sensor? The gauge on the dash is not registering and a friend suggested the temperature sensor might either be faulty or disengaged.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I haven't got a 9000, but I think a 97 model would have the gauge that's driven by the ECU.

The output from the sensor would go to the ECU and be used as part of the engine control. If the sensor is bad the car may/should(?) run badly as well as the gauge not registering.

If the engine is OK it may be the gauge or connections.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Neil(CS2.3T):
[qb]If the temp sensor fails Trionic should put the fan on continuous. [/qb][/b]
This will only apply to the later Trionic models (post MY95 or 96) that have the gauge fed from the ECU. Ealier models have a good old fashioned thermo switch on the rad.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My model at least (97) seems to have two temp sensors, one where Scminks described which runs the gauge, and in the back of the head under the inlet manifold, between cyl. 2 & 3, which feeds the engine management.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.