Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, before I consult the ubiquitous Haynes manual, the location of the temp sensor on a '97 9000 Anniversary? On the Aero it's just inside the spoiler. I'm asking as I was in London last night, Simon & Garfunkel concert, and although it was warm but at slow speed the reading was 38-39!!!! This was aorund midnight too. So I assume the sensor is further indise the engine compartment.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I find that I sometimes get odd temperature readings at very slow speeds.
I suppose the air around the sensor must be quite static at low speeds & It's not that far from the rad/intercooler/AC rad pack & that gets a tad warm from time to time.

I've not had a reading as high as yours but I did get 26 degrees last week in Inverness which the dropped down to 9 degrees on the way home

Mind it is only July so I shouldn't expect it to be any warmer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
the same as b&w saab. sometimes get readings in the 30 s usually after having been parked for awhile in confined spaces ie multi storeys seems to drop pretty quickly once on the move. another saab querk
i guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.