Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 2.0 LPT

Occasional whilst driving I notice that the Temp, EDU and fuel gauge all cut out and the fuel warning light comes on.
This lasts about 2-3 seconds and then they all return to normal. Speedo and Rev counter all normal. Happened once yesterday and 4 times today.

Not managed to find anything similar with the search facility.

Any ideas??

Mike J

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
1996 2.0 LPT

Occasional whilst driving I notice that the Temp, EDU and fuel gauge all cut out and the fuel warning light comes on.
This lasts about 2-3 seconds and then they all return to normal. Speedo and Rev counter all normal. Happened once yesterday and 4 times today.

Not managed to find anything similar with the search facility.

Any ideas??

Mike J[/b]
Mike, just been reading up on this but cannot find anything. the only thing I could tihnk of, BULBS, but that would not effect the temp & fuel gauges. it would however seem the the edu had turned off, no back light.

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Mike,

What comes to mind is a poor earth connection or a loose edge connector on the back of the dash binnacle. Might be worth whipping of the top of the dash ( don't loose the 5mm washer on the drivers side ) to check for connectors coming slightly loose. Wiggle things about to see if you can reproduce the fault.

Paul @ Kippen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts