Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to get into the merits or otherwise of basing a Saab very heavily on a Subaru. But is there any information out there which gives us accurate technical specifications for the 92-X?

All I know, from memory, is that there will be two configurations - 2.5l normally aspirated, and 2.0l turbo (the 9-2X Aero). But as to torque / bhp figures, that sort of thing, I've not seen much information. I'm presuming that Saab will be tweaking the engine characteristics rather than just adopting the Subaru configuration lock, stock and barrel, but I could be wrong.

Similarly will the suspension settings be any different to those of the Impreza?

Answers on a postcard, please ...

Cheers

James

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
From what I've read the Linear's 2.5 litre n/a will have 165bhp at 5,600rpm and 225Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. The Aero will have a 2 litre giving 227bhp at 6,000rpm and 294Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. 0-100 Km/h is 6.8 seconds for the Aero, which is 1 second slower than the WRX. AFAIK the models are mechanically identical to the WRX but overall the cars weigh slightly less.

Most of this info, and a lot more besides, can be found here . Odd thing is that while in the SAAB community there is a lot of 'not a real SAAB' feeling, the general auto press reviews & previews I've read on-line have been pretty upbeat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts