Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was looking at some of the upgrades available for my 1991 9000 CD turbo and was wondering if my car is equipped with this traction control system. Since it prevents the engine management upgrade. Can anyone tell simply by my car's year and model or is there something I can check to tell? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene, FoeCom

I believe the US market didn't get TCS until the '92 model year.

On TCS-equipped cars, there is a "TCS" light on the instrument panel that should illuminate next to the "ABS" light when you switch on the ignition.

You can look on the side of the brake fluid reservoir. There is probably a sticker. On non-TCS cars this will say "ABS", but says "TCS" on TCS-equipped cars.

There is also a noticeable difference between the throttle body on TCS cars compared to non-TCS cars, but I don't have any photos to hand at the moment to show the difference.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Its pretty easy to tell... When you turn the ignition on.. does a red lamp light up and then go out on your dashboard marked - "TCS CTRL". - This indicates the TCS system is being checked at startup

And when you stomp on the accelerator out of a corner (perhaps in the rain) do you get a yellow lamp on the dash marked 'TCS' followed by a sensation that the car has chopped your acceleration in two ? - The indicates the TCS system is working.

If you experience the above.. you have TCS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.