Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
im lookin at buying a 9000 Aero ('97 vintage) in around 4 months or so, and all the ones advertised right now have TCS...
now, i dont want anything to do with TCS, and was wondering whether anyone has replaced the TCS throttle body with a non-tcs one.

if anyone has any help or info about this, i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
it is possible
there has been talk of it on here but afaik no-one has published a method
I have witnessed a cd turbo with it done...

there are several bits and pieces to replace
the throttle body for one...

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by Grentarc:
[qb]hey guys,
im lookin at buying a 9000 Aero ('97 vintage) in around 4 months or so, and all the ones advertised right now have TCS...
[/qb][/b]
Hmmm....interesting TCS wasn't available here in the UK for MY97 Aero's, or even MY96 IIRC.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just did a quick check and yes, TCS was std for '93; switchable for '94 & '95 and not available for '96 & '97 This certainly applied for UK & US cars so I think it reasonable to assume worldwide?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by Grentarc:
[qb]i didnt think that it was offered, but all the ads say that they have "Control - Traction" or "Traction Control" as a feature...      

[edited to explain better ] [/qb][/b]
I've always taken advert descriptions with a pinch of salt, best bet is to ring up and ask the owner, ask about the TCS button on the dash, next to the ACC interior temp sensor fan, if it hasn't got TCS (MY96 and 97) then this is just a blank switch, if it has got switchable TCS (as per MY94 and 95) this button will have TCS written on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.