Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
It happened to me the other day. The TCS light went on and then off, and then it happened again on my next journey.

Then the next day the brake fluid warning light went on. I checked the brake fluid level which was very low.

Topped it up and no problems since, except wondering why the level dropped in the first place with no leaks apparent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for your comments. May I ask, was it just the light or was it the real effect of TCS, means just half power and part of the wheels braking at the same time. This is what happened to me.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
tcs...
yes the light and the system can and does go into random limp home/lights on ..they all do that
I have two at the mo and they do randomly "throw a wobbly"
switching the ignition off and on usually clears it
If it does not you will need a tech 2 to investigate the prob

good luck

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I've had 3 tcs'd cars, and still have 2 of them.

The Carly (just over 3 years ownership) has had 1 unxeplained and unrepeated tcs light over 2 years ago

The Aero I've had 9 years and it's had 1 intermittent (£15 check valve leaking backat -1 top -2 psi boost) and 1 limp home when the throttle pot failed.

The 3rd had no problems in 4 years of use

not bad for 16 years of old TCS's cars.

Andrew

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine has been playing up as well. A sudden loss of throttle, so switch off & on again and away we go until next time. I think I've found the fault:) A small vacuum pipe under the throttle housing had come off. Since installing it the car has run much better (no false air) and the tcs has been behaving itself

·
Registered
411 Posts
The TCS system is intimately linked to the ABS system, so a fault in the ABS system can manifest itself in the TCS system. Logic, no?
I had problems with the ABS system which involved both dirt build-up on the front ABS sensors and also poor contacts between the ABS main relay pegs and their sockets. I cleaned the sensor faces (a ten-minute job) and ran a fine film of solder over the relay pegs to thicken them up. Poor contact problem solved. You might also care to check that the sensor cables are in good condition (they have to be) and that the sensor cable connections under the false bulkhead are still firm. All are quick and easy checks to do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.