Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:

Last December I bought a 9000 CS 2.3 Turbo, originally manufactured in 1993. The car was in very good conditions (only one owner until that moment, 116.000 km, the service book OK, and so on ). Some days after purchasing it the TCS warning light came on, I (hardly) drove it to my local Saab dealer, and I finally had to replace the electronical unit, the one which is located under the right seat .

Evrything has been OK until last night, when the TCS light came on again. Fortunately, it happened near home and I could drive it to my parking. This morning I have turn the ignition on and the TCS warning light has gone
, but only for been replaced for the CHECK ENGINE light . I have just gone to my Saab dealer, and the Tech II tells that the electronic idle is wrong
, but it seems to be OK: the car runs OK, we have decided to reset the failure code, the engine works OK for the moment. The bad news are that my other car, a 93 TiD, is repairing because two days ago I broke two wheels and the steering mechanism due to a hole on the road , and I NEED my 9000 for working (I have to travel a lot).

It seems to be an electrical "gremlim". Anyone knows what can be happening? Any advice will be wellcome

Thanks

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Hello,

I just lifted this from another mailing list I'm on

I have a 92 9KT (222,000 miles) with TCS that is now
permanently disabled (thought the ETC and ABS still
work fine).

Anyway, the best thing that you can do for your TCS is
to clean all the contact points between the pedal and
the Throttle body with a good contact cleaner, then
lube with a conducting grease.

The main connector is located on the firewall between
the throttle body and the brake fluid reservoir.

Also clean the contacts on the Throttle body, and on
the gas pedal potentiometer. These are the most usual
suspects. After that things can start to get a bit
more complicated and expensive.

Good luck,

Noah[/b]
also have a read of this http://www.escribe.com/automotive/turbo/m63996.html

Andrew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all, Scaero owner

The car has no problem since this morning, when the failure code was reset via the Tech II. I have run over 100 km and everything seems to be OK, even I've done some "acceleraton tests" and the car works fine!

I've checked the contacs and parts you've said, because another Saab Club of Spain member told me the same. It's good to see there are qualified Saab experts to help us when we're in trouble

Once more, THANKS SCAERO!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.