Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

TCS light is back :(

Tags
back light tcs
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  9000CS23T 
#1 ·
Well that didn't take too long! Had another go in the car this morning and the TCS/ABS light did not clear. Didn't realise though how much fun it can be without the TCS - accelerated past someone in second - mucho wheelspin

Still the same thing - when I stopped at some traffice lights - turned the engine off and on, and the TCS warning light disappeared. Performance is still brutal with or without the light on.

I could easily get the light not to appear if someone came to see the car, but wouldn't want someone to hide that from me.

Hence I'll be reducing the price by £500 to £1995ono (which would go a long way to a throttle housing if it did eventually decide to go ) Can't get in the Classifieds at the moment to change the ad??

Discussion starter · #2 ·
Has anyone out there ever had a 1991 vintage 9000 with TCS that hasn't had a problem?

Will never regret buying the car despite these problems as it is so much fun. If this was my daily driver, I would have lost my licence by now!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I'll be getting my hands on a working second hand throttle housing soon, so at least that's one expensive bit I've got if it goes! It is looking more likely that I may be able to keep the car after all Hence the withdrawal of the ad in the classifieds...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.