Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to those that have advised me on this already, the original query is posted as tcs light, last weekend.

I have arranged to take the car to a maindealer on Friday morning on the way to the boat, and a subsequent 600 mile drive accross France.

I have done a little looking around and have discovered that a small vacum hose was off a "thing" alongside the battery, the problem manifests itself if I run the car until it is hot, and turn it off for 15 to 20 minutes, it will then not start properly and the dreaded red light stays on, I found that when I removed this hose again and replaced it the car started fine.

Is this coincidence? Is this "thing" related to the tcs?.

I am hoping that the dealer will diagnose this" thing " to be faulty from the codes, and fit a new one,

I know that I am being very optimistic but I have no choice.

Can anyone give me any comfort? am I talking rubbish??

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Tony,

I have a 1992 with TCS, I'll take a look under the bonnet tommorrow and take some pictures so you can see where everything's put on mine.

Here's some pictures I took last year when trying to identify "a mysterious loose hose" which turned out to be part of the TCS system. It connects into a safety valve which vents to atmosphere.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
small vacum hose was off a "thing" alongside the battery[/b]
I'm guessing this thing is bolted to the right of the battery and has 3 hoses and an electrical connection?

if do it's to do with the tcs and the dump valve.

What and why beyond that I do no know.

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.