Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to the very experienced Barry at BPV today to determine the cause of the dreaded TCS light constantly on. My 9000 Aero has an on/off switch and it was not working, TCS was always on.

It displayed ETS code 675 B2, which apparently indicates that my TCS had forgot what or who it was and had no memory. It was simple and cheap to fix, and throttle response is now improved. Has happened twice before, any opinions as to the cause?

Kevin C

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I used to know, but I forgot

Seriously, though, fault 675B2 means "ECU fault - engine variant not specified", which would indeed indicate that it has forgotten some information that should be written once only at the factory.

What could cause it, I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of, assuming the memory is non-volatile (which it would have to be to survive disconnecting the battery), is a transient fault within the ECU. Perhaps a cracked solder joint in there or static electricity finding its way to the ECU via one of the connecting cables?

If it happens again, I'd suspect the ECU first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.