Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having looked through previous posts and finding no joy I have decided to make the bold step of creating a new topic.
I have a '92 9000 CS Carlsson 2.3T with the dreaded TCS system problems. However this is slightly different to some of the others. The car had been laid up on the drive for about 2 years and then brought out and put back into service. Since then we have had a recurring problem with the TCS that when you give the car more than half throttle the TCS warning light will come on and the car goes into limp-home mode. All valves pipework etc have been replaced.
The local Saab dealer has cost me alot of money and not been able to pinpoint the fault, needless to say I will not be returning now. Last week she died completely and I fitted a new throttle body which got her up and running. Anyway I drove to another Saab dealer (Southampton Saab) this afternoon who reset the TCS system, free of charge and discovered some other fault codes in the process.
Their main concern is that the TCS and ABS computers are not communicating properly and think this is the problem. Has anyone heard of this, I forgot to write down the fault code sadly. Anyway I thought the fault this afternoon had gone but she will have to go back to Southampton to be fully investigated later next week. I'm off to Townsend Imports to get as many wiring diagrams as possible!
I really just want to get the
back...

Regards,

Duncan

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I am also the proud owner of the tcs/abs system and it has been problimatical..(understatement!!)
as I understand it the tcs/abs system ecu is one unit which controls the abs/tcs hydraulic master cylinder set up
Ther are some relays in the system which can cause probs
I would imagine if the car has laid up for a while then some /all of the contacts might have coroded
first port of call would be to whip em out and clean them up..
after that the relays themselves may be dicky
(mine are !!) however these are expensive to replace
If you are near hatfield I can reccomend two stroke to turbo who seem to be very knowledgable about tcs/abs maladies

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was going to try and let Southampton Saab have a go as they were very helpful and straight with me the other day. Failing that I had heard that Abbotts seemed to know what they were doing.
Hatfield is closer than deepest Essex though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.