Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few T3 variants on eBay going for low prices. Would this unit offer a significant upgrade from a T25 or would it just be either "too big" for a car with no head or manifold mods or just completely the wrong trim? I'm assumuning here that the T3 is a lower spec version of the GT30 that ylee has fitted to his aeromonster? I haven't been bothered to read up on the specs of these units and compressor maps are latin to my eyes anyway.

Should I just keep my wallet in my pocket until a decent GT28r comes along? Or should I go away and do some background reading so I know what I should be looking for?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Mark in Ireland:
[qb] QUOTE
Should I just keep my wallet in my pocket until a decent GT28r comes along?  [/b]
Get one from the USA, exchange rate means it costs around £580 which is cheaper than a new T25, go on you know you want to! [/qb][/b][/quote]I probably will get one from the US if my T25 gives me enough advance warning. I've just been reminded on UKS that the T3 is oil cooled, so it wouldn't be a straight swap for a T25 anyway. I think a T28/GT28 variant is the best way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts