Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently Have a T18 as a loan car, Very impressed, Apparantly these T packages were joint ventures between Abbott racing and Saab city.

Can anyone shed any more light on these cars ?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Someone else most likely knows more details, but I had my 9000 Aero serviced at Saab City in the 1990,s and there usually was an uprated 9000Aero around for sale or being serviced. I never paid much attention, but Saab City did several T cars, and the top one (T18?) had AP racing brakes, lsd, v loud s/s exhaust and engine boosted to 320 or 340hp. Had some rough edges but very fast on the highway.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I assume this is Rowans car at South East Saab. I borrowed it a few years ago when he did some work on my car before setting up SES and it was incredible compared to my LPT. I'm glad hes got the rebuilt turbo back on as mines due for a service soon!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it is Rowans car, Really decent bloke. Fantastic loan car.

I belive it is a 2.3 FPT, that has had all the T18 work bar the AP racing calipers.

Really nice to drive, lovely exhaust burble "twin exit", apparently it was meant to have 265 bhp, Rowan thinks more like 250 ish , and it does not really feel like 65 bhp more then mine.

The downside in this weather, this FPT has no TC "not a fault, it was requested from new" and it likes to spin those wheels a bit to easliy !!

So how rare are these cars ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.