Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Think you missed the smilie thing off the end of that post mutungi

Obviously you would be draining all the existing gearbox (probably mineral) oil before using fully synthetic - compatability is not a given. Difficult one this one because it depends on mileage and what oil is in there already - if you know what oil is in there, and you haven't got any problems, then I would say that changing the oil would be helpfull but changing to fully synthetic wont realy improve anything and may do more harm than good. Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
One thing to bear in mind is the fact that todate I have yet to find a method of doing a complete drain down,quasimotors recomend changing four times I think,I have done two changes within a week and an improvement was evident,but how many untill you could be sure that you had a full synthetic box full,I shudder to think.Of course if the box was out and dry,then I too would be interested in any differance

·
Registered
137 Posts
recently had engine and trans out of car. Totally drained trans,cooler, and radiator and replaced with synthetic. After change experienced shifting problems and whinning noise. Found out that with synthetic it may be neccesary to adjust braking bands and shift down cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.