Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox:
[qb]Why are so many events and get togethers arranged for an evening and midweek?
There are many that do not do a 9-5 job, including the Beeblebroxs!(14-18 to 22-18, Monday to Friday) [/qb][/b]
What about all the ones arranged during the day and at weekends? Trackday, Rolling Road, A3 meet, Saab Museum trip, etc, etc.

Take it up with the SOC, I am just publicising it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The East Sussex Saab Owners Club has "Family days" on Sunday's, I think from Memory every 3rd meet, although seems a little far to drive from Bristol?

See the rest of you guys on tuesday.

Dulux

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
/john, you have a point, and indeed the Beeblebrox's and the Swiftmobile have attended many of the weekend bashes in our area this year. I am just pointing out that the days of everyone working Monday-Friday 9-5pm have gone, and that maybe area branches ought to bear this in mind when they lament about poor turnouts and apathy to events.

To underline the point, there is a sizeable proportion of Saabsceners and enthusiasts in the South West area, who are never able to attend these extremely useful meets of a weekday because of work commitments - unless you would like your post even later than it is at the moment.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zaphod, I am afraid that there is little I can do to help. I am based in a different area of the country.

It really is up to people to arrange events for themselves. We do many through Saabscene - quite big ones such as trackdays, rolling roads and trips to the Museum in Sweden. Contributors are encouraged to arrange their own regional meets. Indeed, I recall Naranto arranging some in the past.

In this case it is a regular Saab Owners Club meeting and I was just publicising it for them. Many of the branch members frequent Saabscene.

If you are finding current events organised at the wrong times - why not organise an event for people in your region

Meanwhile, back on topic:

September 2004 Meeting

Horseshoe Inn, Windmill Hill
21st September 2004
7.30pm-10pm (8pm start)

Details: Our September meeting of East Sussex Saab will be held at the Horseshoe Inn, Windmill Hill Nr Herstmonceux.

We have been given use of their function room with bar, and parking is available on site.

Directions: The Horseshoe Inn is situated on the A271 between Hailsham and Bexhill.

Address:
Horseshoe Inn
Windmill Hill
Hailsham
BN27 4RU
Telephone: 01323 833265

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I think you are being unrealistic. If Toby organised a meeting for 11am or even 4am during the week for shift workers, how many people would attend? Doubtful that he would find many venues open at 4am either. Many venues are difficult to book on a weekend as the same rooms used for SOC meetings are more likely than not booked for weddings, functions etc.

So you have three options:
1.get another job
2. send your second head and third arm to a SOC meeting
2. stop moaning

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by JezF:
[qb]I think you are being unrealistic. If Toby organised a meeting for 11am or even 4am during the week for shift workers, how many people would attend? Doubtful that he would find many venues open at 4am either. Many venues are difficult to book on a weekend as the same rooms used for SOC meetings are more likely than not booked for weddings, functions etc.

So you have three options:
1. get another job
2. send your second head and third arm to a SOC meeting
3. stop moaning      [/qb][/b]
A bit touchy, aren't you? So, I have obviously made a good point.
In any case, what is wrong with a weekend meeting in a cosy pub?

Option 3 is null and invalid. Moan, is the last thing I would do, since I was making a satirical point, in these parts about the state and sightings of SOC activities in Wessex which is 1, poor, 2, rare, and 3, any combination of the above.

Option 2 is null since the second head is well into Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters, and in any case, would have no body to go with.

Option 1 is null, since there are no other better jobs than President of the Universe, except, maybe /john's!

All in good fun, and enjoy your gathering. We are endeavouring to echo your efforts here in Bristol.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
OK, let's stop all the inane sniping

There's a few folk who IMO have been unfairly critical of others who've shown enthusiasm for the marque and meets, and shot a messenger or two.

As /john says, there's room for all our Saab interests here

Might I suggest that perhaps the rest of this thread stays on topic and is simply a list of those who are attending...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Attendees:

1. Jez with the old Tandino 900 and my new Brembos (fitted around a 9000 Aero )
2. John/
3. Tandino

Pete, I can't quite believe you didn't clean my wheels before you took those pictures!!

ps. I am not old, but I am a git!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts