Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those nice me at elkparts have just delivered a set of red springs and yellow shocks for the Scaero.

Now my dilemma is:

I have a 2.3 Carlsson with 181,000m, the Aero has 143,000 miles.

Do I just fit the new shocks and spring to the Aero and be done with it (I think the front struts need to be cut about rendering them koni only after that...)

Or, do I swap all the Aero suspension to the Carlsson (aero has larger fron damper rods etc) and then fit the new springs and dampers to the Calsson struts and put all that on the Aero?

Has anyone fitted Aero suspension to a 2.3 Carly

Could I just fit the 4 Aero springs and the 2 rear Aero shock and use the Carly fron strut dampers

If I cut the front Aero strut to remove the damper insert, can it be removed whole and then fitted to the Carlsson front struts.

Can the inserts be removed without cutting the struts?

Questions Questions.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I'd shift all the bits from the Aero to the carly - giving it a minor upgrade.
Then use the carly struts on the aero as the rod diameter is wasted when you cut it anyway (shame to 'waste' the stronger aero strut).
Of course this means more work - (for you )

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just had another idea which is to get 2 spare bare struts to take the new springs and koni dampers which I cam build up at my leasure, that way the old carly struts can remain complete and be stored, the Aero ones can be put complete on the Carly, and the new ones can be swappped on nice and quickly.

That sort the front anyway.

Andrew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.