Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all
iam looking to buy a suspension kit 4 my 97 aero. euro parts do a sprintline kit by bilstein which consists of 4 high performance gas shocks and a set of 40mm lowering springs for a price of £361.70 any views on this or any better. and 40mm lower?
i like the height the aeros are as they are factory lower then other 9000.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by Cosmic Blue 9-5:
[qb]Lizard, I'm sure a couple of the guys here have had problems with the springs from Euro Car Parts, cant find the thread at the moment might be worth doing a search. I am not sure the springs themselves are made by Bilstein      
[/qb][/b]
If it's the proper packaged Sprintline kit then I believe the springs are matched ones supplied by Bilstein. Think from memory they are blue in colour.

Lizard, don't forget the 40mm refers to the height difference from a standard 9000, so on an Aero it'll 30mm lower than the car is now.

I have to say, I'm leaning towards this kit if I keep my Aero, but I will try an get a ride in an Aero that's got the kit fitted before I need to buy....

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I have to say, I'm leaning towards this kit if I keep my Aero, but I will try an get a ride in an Aero that's got the kit fitted before I need to buy....  [/b]
I should have the Bilstein sprintline kit fitted to my car by tomorrow evening, not the same body shell as the Aero of course, but you're welcome to test drive it at the next meet.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hold your boost gauge aeropilot! I am already edging my way to the front of the quee in order to get an early ride in Jason's car

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'd be very interested as I reckon the Koni damper/Abbott spring ride quality is not great.

Bilsteins ride mucu better than Konis in an Elise. I wonder if they might do the same for a Saab? Although, I think the chassis/suspension of the 9000 might have a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi again
yer the springs are blue its the proper srintline kit all by bilstein teflon seals lifetimes gas tight fit so it says. thanks 4 all your replys let me no once someone had that ride how thay perform cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts