Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the front wish bones, AR bushes front & rear and rear droplinks fitted today by WMSS. B**** 'ell the car is utterly transformed, so much so it seems unfair to call it Mr Torque-Steer as the torque steer is virtually non-existant.

The steering is now much tighter and sharper, the car holds it's line with ease, even on the wet roads tonight the car didn't unnerve me once. Previously (as many of you know) it had been a complete handful even in the dry. I'm still on standard springs and 15" rims ATM, so vibration is not currently a problem either.

I do plan to lower it before the track day and I currently have a set of 16" Aero's awaiting tyres, I'm confident that it should corner on rails once everything has been fitted.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Good work, that man!

It's worth pointing out that your existing bushes were probably well worn and even fitting standard ones woudl have been an improvement- but still not as good as poly

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
...although don't go too far or you will end up with a boneshaker by the time you have different wheels and sports suspension.

I was quite amazed at the difference that just replacing rear AR bar bushes with new poly ones made to my 9k.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sounds like you've done about the same as me, Jason and likewise I've had similar results on my standard 9000 suspension with the 15" wheels. I've had no probs with the dreaded vibration and just get loads more road handling ability

I have to get round to the wishbone bushes tho': my poly ones are still in their placky bags .

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]Good work, that man!

It's worth pointing out that your existing bushes were probably well worn and even fitting standard ones woudl have been an improvement- but still not as good as poly          :fawlty:  [/qb][/b]
Yeah, the droplinks were completely shot, the others were all past their best as well.

...although don't go too far or you will end up with a boneshaker by the time you have different wheels and sports suspension.[/b]
The balance is pretty good ATM, I have about half a set and any poly more would probably remove too much damping from the system. Well, for normal road use anyway.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The balance is pretty good ATM, I have about half a set and any poly more would probably remove too much damping from the system. Well, for normal road use anyway.[/b]
What do you class as normal road use? I'm all poly except:-

The the front front wishbone
Currently the top front dogbone on the carly (have bush)
The gearbox mount on the Aero
The top bush on the front antiroll bar drop link (is there a poly one?).
The rear trailing arms bushes.

Andrew.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The top bush on the front antiroll bar drop link (is there a poly one?).[/b]
Yes: Elk now stock them (as long as you mean the bush for the eye of the droplink). Haven't done these as I'd already replaced my droplinks with Saab ones before the Superflex bushes came out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts