Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tilt and slide s/r on my 93 9000 CSE is stuck. It opened on tilt and now won't close. I can hear the relay and the motor closes it a few mm then stops. There is no crank as shown in the handbook, motor etc. being under the headliner. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Not sure about 93CSE but ny 90 CD has a press in plastic panel around the lights in the headlining (by the interior mirror). Once the panel is removed (simply unclick)the motor is accessable and a small crank is clipped behind the panel). Need to check motor/gear mechansim for jamming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Adrian. Unfortunately, on my model the plastic cowling you are referring to doesn't go back as far as covering the motor itself and there is no crank - it looks like a non-sunroof version, despite looking different (as you describe) in the owners manual. Any other help/opinions gratefull received - it's getting wet!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 92 9000CS Carlsson, and the sunroof is as Adrian described. Is this an aftermarket unit perhaps? A number of the parts are plastic, and maybe something has broken. If it is a factory roof and you need to remove the sunroof liner, I can email you some instructions on how to do this as its not covered very well in the Haynes manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chrisn - yes, it is an original. The car is unusual in that it is a 93 CSE 2.3 non-turbo, which was.only produced for 1 or 2 years. Its nice in that it has all the works but a nuisance that the motor/relay is hidden under the headlining. I was coming to the conclusion that I'd have to carefully get the headlinig off to investigate further. The roof is a glass one, if that helps. I'd be very grateful for futher instructions on the headlining as the Haynes is not very helpful. My email is [email protected] Thanks again, David.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I wouldn't say that a 1993 9000CSE 2.3i in unusual. The 2.3i (non-turbo) engine was used in the 9000s since about 1989 (give or take a year)

Nevertheless, I hope that you get the problem resolved with the instructions from chrisn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.