Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had to change one? looks like an 'interesting' job & will have to change one to save my ears from a beating if i dont do it soon.
Its on a CDS with a steel sunroof 89MY'
thanx in advance
G.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd be interested in this one too since mine (glass 97MY 2.0t CSE) is currently taped up to cut down the awful noise above 55ish

I think the problem is mainly at the corners where you can feel the air rushing out when the ACC fan is on full and all the doors/windows are shut.

I was going to give it a try with some neoprene draught sealant tape (when the frost is gone) but would prefer to do a "Proper Job"

Dave

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RK1340,
Just been quoted from SAAB for the seal + tape on the steel sunroof £98 +vat

The seal on your GLASS s/roof has a different sealing setup: 1pce on the front 1/4 of the s/roof, 1pce on the rear 3/4 of it with the joint
just behind the front corners,both the steel & glass share a seal which is located in the 'big hole' (good technical description ) between the roof & headlining,this could be where the noise is coming from
G.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.