Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I still haven't fixed this

My tape bodge was so successful I didn't want to fiddle with it. However, eventually the tape glue gave way and it peeled itself off at speed.

So I had a look at the front drains and they were clear. However, even with the car parked on a nearly level surface, when I poured water round the drain holes to test, most of it went backwards.

This makes me think - there must be a drain route at the back of the sunroof as well! Otherwise, it just isn't going to work.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

P.S. Also, why does everyone say that taking the headlining out of a car is such a nightmare job? I've never done it, but it looks easy enough. So what am I missing?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Putting it back in isn't difficult per se; it's just that you need two or ideally 3 people to do it in order to avoid damaging it (yup, I have done it before). And some idea of what to do in the first place...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I had a problem with sunroof drainage on a 9000 CD Turbo, a headlining full of water is nature's alternative to a morning shower.

If you fully retract the roof you should see 4 drain holes 2 front 2 rear (the front ones dishcharge behind the wheel arch).

I tried high pressure air but this did not work, so I used the garden hose reducing the pipe size until I got a snug fit into the drain holes this forced out what appeared to be an accumulation of dirt and small leaves leaving me with just a stained headlining to clean.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aha! Confirmation that they do exist I cleaned the front ones, but I couldn't see any rear ones.

How did you get to them... with the sunroof on maximum tilt, or on maximum slide?

I'll get in there with a decent torch and have another look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On maximum slide, I stood on a ladder and poured a little water in then poked around in the corners until I saw the water "bubble" (it didn't get very far). Then put the hose down and gave them a blast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.