Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An easy question for someone...how do you change the time on an 1988 SE (with trip computer thingy)?

I've been pressing various combinations of buttons, but can't figure it out

Oh, and if anyone knows the whereabouts of an on-line owner's manual, that would be handy!

MTIA,
Alan

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Whilst the display is showing clock time, press and hold the set button for about 4 secs- the display should start flashing and you adjust with the +/- keys.

You could try a dealer or Indy for a manual- they're not expensive.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry if this is a daft question, but which is the 'set' button?
I've got the following buttons:
Top row, left to right: temperature, clock, trip.
Bottom row: a small black spot, an 'R' and Info.

I've tried holding down the 'R', and even poking a biro into the black spot, but neither seems to do anything... Maybe it just doesn't work

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
9000*Turbo*16

You have the DCC (driver/co-driver computer) rather that the later SCC (saab car computer).

Try holding down 'trip' until the time flashes and using temp and clock at + and - (they should have small + and - in their logo's

Andrew.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Well that was wrong...

This is what you need to do.

Press clock to advance to clock mode (not elapsed, stopwatch or alarm, just the plain clock simbol in the bottom left)
Press and hold temp for 2 seconds until hours flash
press clock for + and trip for - until correct hrs show
press temp briefly until minutes flash
press clock for + and trip for - until correct minutes show
press temp at the correct second to start the clock again.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Bu:
[qb]On an associated theme, is it possible to change the time display to 12 hour (am/pm) rather than 24 hour format ? If so, how ?

(I have a '94 9k Aero with the trip computer thingy ) [/qb][/b]
Try pressing all three (dot, triangle and set) for at least 4 seconds (need to check it's not gone all eurpean (kmh etc).

Not sure if there are more than 2 modes or not.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by 9000*Turbo*16:
[qb]Oh, and if anyone knows the whereabouts of an on-line owner's manual, that would be handy![/qb][/b]
I've only scanned the '89 manual so far, but I've had a look at the '88 manual and that section looks the same. Sorry there's no clever index page yet, but what you need starts on page 9.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I don't have them all, unfortunately, although I do have a representative selection, all UK handbooks. Apart from the '89, I have the '88 CD handbook (mostly similar to all '88 9000 handbooks, I imagine, although I think only the CD had DI in '88), '91 CD, '95 9000 and '96 9000 handbooks.

Originally posted by Swapped my 9-5 for a 9000 Aero:
[qb] QUOTE
I've only scanned the '89 manual so far[/b]
Should we be checking what we have access to in order to ensure that you do?[/qb][/b][/quote]If anyone's interested in me making these and others available on-line, I'll be happy to borrow handbooks to fill the gaps. You post it to me and I'll post it back to you. Interested?

·
Registered
461 Posts
If anyone's interested in me making these and others available on-line, I'll be happy to borrow handbooks to fill the gaps. You post it to me and I'll post it back to you. Interested?  [/b]
Well I'll start you off with a UK 1986 9000 (including 9000i supplement) and a 1997 9000 (CS only by then?) - I seem to have bracketed the first and the last

When you are ready, just let me know where to send them (or I hesitate to say it, but I do have a scanner and a CD writer, so given enough time, and details of resolution/colour depth you want to use, I could even send a CD with the images on)

Carl

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I'll publish it if I do. However, it is likely that all 1990 9000 (non-CD) models will be covered by the same handbook. Turbo and non-turbo. Perhaps when I get round to the '91 CD handbook it will have most of what you need? And what it doesn't have, perhaps the '89 handbook will.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by 9000*Turbo*16:
[qb]Oh, and if anyone knows the whereabouts of an on-line owner's manual, that would be handy![/qb][/b]
I've only scanned the '89 manual so far, but I've had a look at the '88 manual and that section looks the same. Sorry there's no clever index page yet, but what you need starts on page 9. [/qb][/b][/quote]Bill, that's fantastic, and hats off to you for having the patience to scan it all in!

Cheers,
Alan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts