Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a classis Saab 900i from 1990, with a problem in the driveline.
whenever I let go of the gas pedal the car stutters and shakes around(quite heavily at low speeds) you can also hear a mechanical whine while this is happening.
I have already replaced both cv joints and checked for any leaks or obvious wear. My gearbox seems to be in excellent condition. However I have never inspected it from inside. But the transmission oil is good and the clutch is brand new(replaced it last week).
Is there anyone that can help me find the problem ?
cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
A little more information might be helpful. When you say "stutters/shakes around" is the engine continuing to run smoothly? If you push in the clutch, does the stuttering immediately stop? Did it happen before you replaced the clutch and CV joints or after? What I'm getting at is can you narrow it down to engine or drive train?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little more information might be helpful. When you say "stutters/shakes around" is the engine continuing to run smoothly? If you push in the clutch, does the stuttering immediately stop? Did it happen before you replaced the clutch and CV joints or after? What I'm getting at is can you narrow it down to engine or drive train?
This problem has been there since I bought the car about half a year ago, the engine continues to run smoothly during the shaking and after. If I press in the clutch before I let off the gas pedal the car doesn’t shake at all and drives like a dream.
so it could have something to do with the transmission, although it changes gears perfectly and lever shows any type of wear or damage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The first thing I'd check would be the motor mounts, specifically the transmission mount. Good luck - keep us posted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts