Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stupid ebay springs lo suspension or something front right snapped after i hooked it round a tight chicane down a country road. small pot hole and all i heard was twang thought wtf was that any way carried on 100 down this road bang bang bang under my car looked in rear view 1 coils bouncing down the road ffs :(
springs not even 8 months old i know its a common fault on these cars but i assumed it was the gm spring and going to after market would stop that happening i mean they werent expensive springs to say the least but still crazy :crazy::crazy::crazy:

any suggestions on decent replacements ? not going to coilovers been there not going back haha

ps ya rec i could get my money back or a pair replaced ?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Did you change top bearing when doing springs. Had broken spring on last car and bearing was rock solid which I assume causes 90% of the front spring failures. Was the coating intact on the spring? Whatever you do, try and replace the pair.

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ye ill try replace the pair. and i do have a set of bearings i never fitted them when i first fitted the springs as they were in a ok condition mesaged them last night guess ill get a reply on monday hopefully

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Sounds like you had a lucky escape, had on snap on a Pug and it wnet stright through the inside wall of the front tyre - which was nice.

Only problem you may have is proving the miles i know they are less that a year old however is the warranty miles related and if so, how would you prove?

Any decent company should swap without a problem, keep us updated with progress - tbh i would want a different make of spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts