Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front passenger window has just got stuck (open of course!!). I think it could be the switch as it happened once before but started working again after a few flicks of the button, but tonight it seems to have given up. Unfortunately I will have to give my car to my local garage tomorrow as I won't have time myself. Does anybody know if there is a way to get the window shut manually or is there a quick way to get to the switches? I don't really want to pay for 5 hours labour. If I can point him in the right direction it may save a few ££'s.
Thanks in advance
Lizard9000

·
Registered
370 Posts
Think switches are simply eased out with care using a thin flat bladed screwdriver but ideally getting access from underneath would help to push the switch out.

If you swap the switch with one of the REAR switches it would confirm if the switch is the problem (drivers switch is different I think)

If the window raises then you could use the good switch in the front (as the rear have door switches)

deebel

·
Registered
66 Posts
Usually the copper rockers in the switch pack carbon up or bend so pry the pack up from the front and disconnect then pry the pack in half with a small screwdriver kepping the pack upright,inspect the rockers and repair works 9 times out of 10,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.