Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Does anyone know of a firm that manufactures a Strut Tower Brace for my '92 9000? I know that Abbott makes one for the rear shocks but not the front. Any help, clues, links, etc. will be appreciated.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Indeed, and very effective it is too!

The suppliers are CC/Chipcentre . They took credit card details via an email and sent it from Sweden to the UK. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't ship to the US.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links. I can't find the part at Cchips but they only go back to '94 on the 9000's and mine is a '92. At least it's in English! I found the part at Speedparts but my Swedish is non existant. Oh well, I will figure out something....

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Griffin #341:
[qb]Thanks for the links. I can't find the part at Cchips but they only go back to '94 on the 9000's and mine is a '92. [/qb][/b]
They only "go back" as far as 94 for ECU upgrade purposes. Mechanically the suspension is the same for earleir models.

The strut brace can be found about 2/3 of the way down the page link below:

http://www.chipcenter.cc/english/databas.asp?bilnr='920'

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Again for all the help. Cchips does in fact have them but I think I will go with genuinesaab as they are here in the States and no need to get out the handy, dandy, kronar to dollar converter!! I am hoping that between the strut tower brace and lowering the car, that my torque steer problems will be under control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts